Monday, October 6, 2008

&*^$!

I know this is a debt blog and not a boot quest blog, but given I've detailed said quest here in the context of my shopping and charging (for example, here and here), I had to come back to comment on the latest development.

So I mentioned that I'd finally found a pair of boots. The right color, the right heel, the right heel height -- and all for the low, low price of 40 bucks.

Imagine my surprise when today I went to show them to a friend only to discover that the &*^$%#@ zipper was broken. This is the fifth pair of boots -- the fourth pair in two weeks -- that I have bought and have had to return. Really, when you count the second pair of Lucchese boots last year, it makes six.

On the plus size, my credit card will be credited the 40 bucks plus tax. And until I find the perfect pair of boots, I give up.

No comments: