Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Great Black Boot Quest

Finding a perfect pair of black boots has become as hard as finding a pair of jeans that fit me off the rack.

Earlier this year, I decided to give up my quest for black heeled boots and just go for a pair of cowboy boots. Yeah. Um ... that didn't work out so well. So this year I'm back to just trying to find a decent pair of basic black heeled boots that aren't too high, not too pointy, and still manage to look kinda hot with a skirt. I found a pair at TJ Maxx yesterday, but they were pull-on. I hate pull-on boots because they're such a pain in the ass to take off, but these fit so well and were the right height. So I brought 'em home thinking that maybe, just maybe, it would be easier to pull them off if I had on some trouser socks underneath. Nope. If anything, it was even harder. I don't need something that hard to come off after a long day at work.

So I took them back today. But before I headed home, I stopped at DSW. I never have luck at DSW, but there they were -- a decent pair of black heeled boots. They look so H-O-T on! They fit, but I wanted to walk around in them for a while to see if they'd work. So I bought them, brought them home, and put 'em on. Walked around on the carpet for a half-hour or so.

I'm taking them back tomorrow.

They're an inch too high, and too much pressure is forced on the ball of my foot. I know that if I were to wear them, by the end of the day, it wouldn't be pretty.

They're going back tomorrow before I go to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I completely understand how you feel about having too much pressure on the heel. Shoe comfort is huge on my list!

Good luck finding a pair you are happy with. :)