Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Bulimia Continues

You know those boots I ordered last week? The ones that I charged? Well, they arrived today and guess what? I'm sending them back. They're faux leather -- or as I like to say, pleather -- and there was something about how they were cut that bothered me. They were comfortable, but they just did not look good.

And as they said tonight on Project Runway, life is too short to wear a bad outfit.

And as always happens when I buy something I shouldn't have bought, bad shit always happens. Well, not bad-bad-can't-be-fixed bad, but bad-inconvenient-that'll-teach-you-not-to-order-shit bad. After I tried on the boots and decided that no, I do not love them and want to return them, I realized that there was no receipt included in the shipment. This meant I had to log in to my e-mail and find the order so I could get the phone number for customer service. I then spent 30 minutes on hold waiting to talk to someone. Yes, a half-hour.

So I explained that I had no receipt/invoice and therefore wasn't sure how to return the crappy boots. The lack of a receipt is how they're doing stuff now. Something to do with their relocation. (WTF??) I was instructed to print a return form from their Web site and was told they'd e-mail me the shipping label. Um ... OK.

So I have my package ready to go. Just waiting for a label. Yeah. I foresee another e-mail or phone call from me about that label.

The good news is that I will be getting a bit over seventy bucks credited back to my credit card (which shouldn't have been used to begin with). Any money credited on my credit card is a good thing. The bad news is that once again, I will have spent unnecessarily (and irresponsibly) on shipping costs.

In other news, I found a debt calculator to help me determine how long it'll take me to pay off my cards by paying certain amounts. If I maintain what I'm paying now, it'll take three years and eight months. (Basically, four years.) Another $100 a month takes me down to three years. I'm not pleased with either -- I want it paid off yesterday -- but hey, you gotta start somewhere, right?

No comments: