Thursday, October 2, 2008

Don't Call It an Update

A full update is coming soon -- probably Sunday -- but I did want to check in briefly to say ...

I'M BROKE!

I'd hoped that in September things would settle down and that my debt payment and savings plans would get back on track, but those things didn't happen. Nor did my friend pay me back. (He's now saying he'll send a check next week; I'm not holding my breath.)

The biggest expense has been the visit with my mother. The spending hasn't been horrible, no, but it has put me off-budget. It'll be December before I get the debt payment plan back on schedule.

Lucky for me, I'm getting some overtime in my next check. My original plan for that extra money was to put it aside for a clothing allowance. But now? I think I'm going to pay back the two items I charged this week -- a lovely sweater and, yes, another pair of boots. And I'll have enough left over to add to the allowance envelope.

So that's my October so far. For the update, complete with the gory details (that is, the actual numbers), stay tuned.

No comments: