Monday, September 15, 2008

Midmonth Randomness

Goals are great, but sometimes life steps in and you have to adjust things. I'd had a specific savings goal in mind for this year, but now I don't think I'm gonna make it.

And that's OK. Just a few short years ago, I barely had any savings. That I have close to $6,000 now is something to be proud of.

I still have a raging case of the I-Wants. And they're all big-ticket items, too: a flat-panel TV for my bedroom, the new iPod Nano, and a new digital camera. My goal is to wait until the end of the year for at least two of them, and for my birthday in early 2009 for another. Maybe I can catch some after-Christmas sales. And maybe I'll get some Christmas cash ...

The OCD is pretty bad these days, too. With the exception of logging on to schedule some bill payments, my goal is to not check any balances for the next two weeks. And unless something miraculous happens -- say, for example, I win the lottery or my friend pays me back -- I won't post here. Let's see how I do.

Lastly, my mother is coming for a visit at the end of the month, so the monthly update for October will be delayed until October 5. See ya then.

1 comment:

Bouncing Back said...

The "I Wants" are starting to creep up for me as well. I'm going to do the same, wait until after the holidays and then give myself the luxury of a small spending splurge. I have shamelessly put a few of the more pricey "I Wants" on my birthday and Christmas list, just in case a friend or relative feels ultra geneorous.

I did get a new flat panel TV last February. I was able to get a 26' screen for not a lot of money. Sometimes paitence pays off!