Monday, October 6, 2008

October 2008 Update Follow-Up

Lately, whenever I think about what I want, the answer that comes to mind is to be debt free. I hated the idea of having to "pay back" the extra payment over the next few months to catch up: $40 here, $60 there ... I just didn't want to be bothered with all that. So last night I decided that my savings could take the hit and I transferred money from savings to pay that extra amount. Now I'll be back on my payment/balance schedule, and any extra money I get can go to savings without my having to deal with how to divide it.

I knew I'd made the right decision when, after I made the transfer, I felt calmer about things.

I'm not going to bother with changing the savings and debt balances for the October update. They'll be reflected when I do next month's update.

No comments: