Sunday, September 6, 2009

Whew!

I'd forgotten that when our payday falls near a Monday holiday, our checks get deposited early. Talk about a pleasant surprise when I checked my account this morning. Whew! I had 23 cents in my wallet and about 13 bucks in my checking account. To say that things were tight is an understatement.

I went grocery shopping and I bought a few things from DHC that I've needed. (I have sensitivity issues so I have to be very careful with bath soaps. DHC's white soap and body shampoo are both on my Top 10 list of body products.) I've got food in the fridge for dinner and lunch, so I'm set for a while. I have a haircut later this month. Granted, while it won't be as outrageously expensive as last year's haircut was, it's not going to be free, either, so I've gotta keep some money set aside for that since it's outside the usual monthly expenses. And of course there's the visit with my mom coming up. It's going to be a busy month, financially speaking. I've gotta get through it the best way I can.

No comments: