Thursday, February 28, 2008

I'm Doing It Again

I'm obsessing. I can't stop looking at my transaction register or checking online to see what my bank balance is. I'm not floating near a zero balance, so there's no need for urgency. And yet I keep pulling out my wallet and going through the numbers. And if I'm not doing that, I'm writing nonsense in my debt journal.

I'm trying to tell myself that my overattention will only inhibit my financial growth. Nothing can grow if it's being crowded every five minutes. But then my OCD kicks in and I'm compelled to check stuff again. And again. And again.

I failed my last attempt to go a few days without checking my account, but I'm going to try again. My goal is to go a week, until March 7, without trying to balance my account. All the bills are paid (or scheduled for payment) so there's no need to worry about that. All necessary transfers to and from my accounts have also been scheduled.

I have only to sit back and let the dust settle. For seven days.

So, to give me the full opportunity to do this, I won't be doing the balances on March 1. I'll do it all on March 7. See ya then.

No comments: