Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Obsess Much?

For many reasons -- all of which are too personal to disclose in a blog about my debt -- the older I get, the more my OCD behavior gets out of control. I think that it's because there are so many things I can't control that the few things I can control get way too much attention.

One of those things I'm obsessing over is my financial situation. I check my checking account balance several times a day, despite that the balance isn't going to change over the course of a few hours. Or I'm writing in my debt journal, crunching numbers. Or I'm thinking about it. My desire to pay off my debt has almost reached a level of desperation.

So ... I think it's time I cut myself off for a few days. No checking the savings accounts or the credit card balances. I'd like to not check the checking account, but as this is toward the end of the pay period and money is starting to get kinda tight, I may check that balance again -- but not until tomorrow, at the earliest, and then not again until (gasp!) next week, on pay day. It's going to be a long week.

No comments: