Thursday, March 6, 2008

March 2008 Update

As I mentioned before, I delayed the update a few days to try to get a handle on my obsession with checking the numbers. (And yes, I do realize that I did it a day early. Cut me some slack, will ya?)

Little Beast: $1,780.17
Big Beast: $16,226.61
Grand Total: $18,006.78

Still quite a way to go, but every little bit counts. I'm getting there. I'm especially encouraged to see the Little Beast well under the $2,000 mark.

The savings total is listed over there under "The Good Balance." Thanks to my tax refund and a couple freelance checks, this balance had a healthy jump. There are a couple things I will have to use the savings for -- for example, spending money for the cruise vacation in June -- but I'm still encouraged. And I still have the federal rebate of $600 to look forward to.

And while we're talking about the savings balance, I should mention that the savings balance does not include the $995 rent deposit being held by the property management company handling my property. All to the good.

So, that's where we are on this fine March evening.

No comments: