Sunday, March 16, 2008

I Love New York!

I went up to NYC yesterday for the day. I am happy to report that I did not charge anything. Though I did use my credit card to charge my train ticket (to accumulate points), I immediately paid it off.

It was a fun day -- quite a lot done in a short amount of time: shopped at Century 21 (didn't spend a dime!), walked to the Brooklyn Bridge, walked across the Brooklyn Bridge (and saw actor Mike Myers!), strolled up Broadway for several blocks, and then caught the train to Times Square and hung out there before walking back to Penn Station.

Lots of walking, but not lots of spending. I got a few things -- small things -- at the M&M store. One item was a gift and the other was a little package of M&Ms purchased mostly for the container, which will be perfect for sewing notions. I had a $16 burger at a diner I've visited before and yes, it's a great burger. And I spent about 10 bucks at Borders, where we hung out while waiting for the train. The only other expenses were my Metro fare card for the subway and the parking fee at Union Station, which I split with my friend.

A fairly cheap day for NYC.

No comments: