Friday, April 30, 2010

May 2010 Update

I know, I know. I'm doing this monthly update thing a day early -- again. I'm hoping to get crackin' on packing a few things this weekend, and I also have some freelance work to do. I'm easily distracted these days. I was afraid that if I didn't do it now, I'd forget all about it.

I am adding the savings this time even though in four weeks (four weeks!) I go to close on the condo. That's going to drain the coffers. As for the debt, well, it continues to drop, this month by $734.62. Here we go:

The Debt: $3,360.94
The Savings: $15,964.43

Mind you, that savings amount includes a loan from my retirement fund, as well as a gift from my dad. Still, how sweet does that balance look! And how different it will be come June 1. LOL But it's all for the good -- better property debt than credit card debt, yes?

I'm not updating the savings balance on the list of the good balances because this month's balance is artificially inflated. But starting June 1, we'll be back to our regularly scheduled program.

No comments: