Thursday, April 22, 2010

And Still I Fax

I don't know how people do this several times over their lifetimes. Seriously, buying a home is nerve-racking. Well, it is when you're a regular person (that is, not wealthy). I received a call from my mortgage company regarding my financials this afternoon. They need updated copies of my checking and savings statements, retirement savings info, promises of ownership of my firstborn child, my blood type, and my most recent pay stub. (OK, I was only kidding about a couple of those things; I'll let you figure out which ones.) So much for thinking I could just coast until closing.

I also have to get my parents to sign letters regarding their cash gifts and copies of their bank statements. It just never ends. I feel like I should plant a tree to make up for all the paper I've consumed during this process. (You know what? That's a good idea. I will look into that.)

I'm tired. I came home after a long day of work only to work some more to put everything together to fax tomorrow. And then I had to get the package together to mail to my parents with explicit instructions on what to sign, what to attach, how to mail it back ...

But it will all be OK. It's only stressful because I'm not rolling in dough. Yet.

No comments: