Monday, February 1, 2010

February 2010 Update

Hello. It's that time again. Let's get to it, shall we?

The Savings: $4,533.13
The Debt: $5,192.94

The change in savings is a healthy $783. In the debt? $562. Not a bad month, if I do say so myself.

Just think: After the next payment, I will owe less than $5,000. Can you believe that?! Me, the chick who owed nearly $20,000 on credit cards not three years ago will, in less than a month, owe less than five grand.

Which brings me to this: I'm thinking about suspending the debt payment plan. Wait -- hear me out. I want to buy a condominium this year. But I need some extra cash. I would suspend the plan only for two or three months. It will throw me off my original 10/10/10 schedule, but ... well, the trade-off is a home of my own. Still, I would hate to deviate from my plan. It's served me well the last couple years. We'll see.

In other news, I recently submitted my invoice for my regular freelance job and I've completed my tax return, so there's some money coming my way. And remember that extra freelance gig I picked up at the end of last year? Well, a different department of the same company e-mailed me today with another offer. The job will eat up a weekend, but it'll be well worth the sacrifice. For one, it's a great company and I hope to continue our relationship. Second? Well, duh! The extra money!

So, that's where we are right now. Not in too bad a place. That light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter and brighter.

No comments: