Saturday, January 23, 2010

New Year Recap

It hasn't been quite the start to the year that I expected, but things are OK. Mostly. ;-)

That said, there's a lot of room for improvement. I haven't done a financial fast, though it's still something I'm thinking about for down the road. I had a guest last weekend, and I like being a good host. So I bought a few things for brunch Sunday. And we went shopping that Saturday and I found a cute pair of cropped pants at the Neiman's outlet that fit off the rack. And a couple weeks ago I ordered a tuxedo shirt online that, unfortunately, had to be returned. (Sometimes being tall sucks. Everything is always cut too short.) I ended up ordering a plain fitted oxford from JCrew, which carries some items in tall sizes.

Which brings me to this: I'm starting to accept that I have a custom-fit body. Sadly, I have an off-the-rack budget. What I will have to do is buy quality things and, if necessary, have them altered to fit. But because I have an off-the-rack budget, everything I buy that needs to be altered has to be something I love.

In other news, I've called an agent to help with the condo search. I'm not sure I'm going to use her, though, because her reaction to my salary was ... awkward. I know I'm not in the market for a perfect place, but I can't believe there isn't something out there in my price range. Oh well. Anyway, next up is a call to the bank to get preapproved and see what I'm working with. Send good wishes.

See you Feb. 1 for the monthly update. :-)

No comments: