Thursday, December 3, 2009

Yay, Me!

I know I just mentioned the extra $1,000 payment I was going to pay toward my debt. It's one thing to mention that I'm going to do it, but it's something else entirely to have done it and to see the amount credited against my balance.

The payment was scheduled for yesterday, but it usually takes a day before it gets processed and I see it online. As much as it pained me to schedule such a large payment, it felt amazing to see that large payment credited on my account this morning. I now owe less than $6,500. How crazy is that! And it's only going to go down more more this month. I don't have any major expenses coming up, and Christmas is pretty much taken care of.

Speaking of Christmas, I had been down to only four gift exchanges -- my parents and two friends from work. But the friends and I aren't exchanging presents this year. Instead, the three of us are going to lunch together.

I like this idea. In fact, I like it so much that I'm going to suggest the same thing for our birthdays.

Well, that's it for me tonight. Just had to share the good news about the new balance. :-)

3 comments:

Maria said...

That is wonderful news!

Also, spending time with friends is always so much nicer than the whole gift giving thing anyway. A gift of time cannot be returned, exchanged or put away in some closet!

veronica said...

Thanks, Maria! I'm excited about it.

And you're right about the gift exchange. And with this economy, it's just better for everyone. I hope you have a wonderful holiday. :-)

Bouncing Back said...

Awesome News! And lunch out with your friends sounds like a great way to celebrate the holidays!