Monday, November 30, 2009

Putting My Money Where My Mouth Is

December is a three-paycheck month. As is the case during months when there are only two paydays, one check will be dedicated to most bills, the other, to rent and my electric bill. When there's a third paycheck, I try to decide what to do with it. How much to put in savings, how much to pay toward debt ... whether to buy myself a treat.

But this time, so eager am I to get this debt paid off that I am paying an extra $1,000 in December. (Which reminds me, I have to do the monthly update tomorrow. I almost forgot!) This will be in addition to my usual monthly payment. The considerable decrease in the debt balance won't be reflected until the January 1 update, but what a difference there will be.

In other news, I've had some freelance work, which is always welcome. And I have a freelance job for a different company coming up in a couple weeks -- a job that I hope will lead to more things for that company. At the least, it will be a decent paying gig. Between my usual freelance work and the new gig, I'll have a healthy influx of income coming my way at the beginning of the year. A great way to start 2010. :-)

Next up? The monthly update. See ya tomorrow.

No comments: