Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September 2009 Update

Oy. It ain't pretty.

The Debt: $9,314.57
The Savings: $4,345.41

Those numbers aren't correct, but they reflect what has been posted/paid as of this morning, so they have to go in. What's missing is the $400 I moved from savings to pay for my unexpected car repair last week. Technically, the debt is $8,914.57.

As for the savings ... well, what can I say? I may have to dial back my goal to have $10K in savings by next October. I'm not sure how that will possible. It's disappointing but at least I'm still on track with the debt.

September may be iffy. My mother is coming for a visit in a few weeks. We're going to do a day in NYC, so I'll need money for food and to shop with. The ticket has already been taken care of. We're taking the bus and because I reserved a few weeks in advance, we got an excellent deal: $23 -- for the two of us. Round trip. Gotta love these new bus lines!

Anyway, my mother is a shopper, which means a lot of the activities I have planned for her involve shopping. I am usually good and tend not to overspend in these situations, but it will be hard, especially in NYC.

So that's where we are. Hopefully, the October update will be much improved. By then the $400 will have been credited, and I'll also have paid my monthly payment toward the debt. Also, I have some freelance work. I'm going to try to mail the invoice early enough that I'll get paid by then. In the meantime, I'll check in on my progress as I can.

Happy September, all!

No comments: