Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What Persistence Looks Like

I just paid my credit card bill for this month. My balance is now just under $8,900.

Remember when all I wanted to do was cross the $10,000 mark? It wasn't that long ago.

When I started this whole thing, I was $21K in the hole. I now owe less than half that amount. And how have I done it? By sticking to the plan and paying, at minimum, a specific amount. Even when the savings have had to take a hit, I've paid that minimum amount.

And now I can really see the benefits of that perseverance. Don't get me wrong: I don't have a big head about it. I could do more. Also, I'm no fool -- I know I have a long way to go. And I could do a better job with my savings.

But I'm not going to discount my progress, either. I'm immensely thankful for having made it this far. In 14 months, I will have no credit card debt. I can't wait.

2 comments:

Zoya said...

Oh, congratulations :) I'm happy for you :) This sounds inspiring for anyone that reads this, too :)

veronica said...

Thanks, Angelica! :-)