Monday, August 17, 2009

Day Trip Follow-Up

My day trip through the Smithsonian to see the Cloisters in NYC was amazing. If you live anywhere near NYC and haven't visited the Cloisters, make plans to do it. You won't regret it. It is a lovely space and is filled with amazing medieval treasures. I am always humbled when I see something that was created a 1,000+ years ago.

But on to the financial aspect of yesterday. I'd worried about how much cash I should take and even took a credit card with me as backup in case I found something I "had" to have. (Anyone reading this knows exactly what I mean by that.) In the end, I spent a whopping $3.27.

I bought two postcards.

A delicious box lunch was provided on our way to New York, so I didn't have to buy food. There was nothing I really wanted from the gift shop. (Well, there was a pair of gold and amethyst earrings that I would've loved to own, but at $675, there was no way they were gonna be bought by me. LOL) And though we were responsible for getting our own nibbles from the rest stop on the way back, the options were all too unappetizing -- nothing but messy junk food. I would've had to be starving to buy any of that, and I wasn't.

So I have leftover cash to deposit back into my account today. So in the end, I was able to give myself a nice mini-vacation without breaking the bank. Yay me!

No comments: