Friday, August 14, 2009

Steady as She Goes

After what felt like a financially tumultuous July, I think things are finally settling down. Things got pretty tight there for a bit -- like down to $4 and some change in my primary checking account. And then there was the credit card balance transfer issue, which didn't feel as smooth as it should've been, or, rather, as I expected it to be.

Mind you, the transfer took place just fine. I just happen to be the anxious sort. ;-)

Not only has the transfer been completed (and the account at the Big Bank closed), but I've already made a payment on the account and am back on schedule. And if I had any lingering doubt about my decision to do the balance transfer, they were gone when I saw the difference in the finance charge. It was significant.

I'm in decent shape for this month. I'm taking a day trip to NYC through the Smithsonian on Sunday. It's already been paid for, but I am taking some cash for spending money and to cover dinner. (Lunch is covered in the price of the ticket, thankfully.) Even with that, though, I'm OK. Heck, compared with some days in my past, I'm better than OK. Sure, the day trip is a luxury, but I have to do some things to take care of myself from time to time. Going to the Cloisters is something I've wanted to do for a long time.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Hope you have a great time at the Smithsonian.

veronica said...

It was actually a trip organized by the Smithsonian to NYC to the Cloisters. And I had a wonderful time. It was magnificent. :-)