Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Something Good

I'm still a couple hundred bucks ahead on my debt repayment. Because of this, I will be under the $10K mark in June, not July. I think that's some pretty sweet news! In April 2007, I owed over $21,000. After tomorrow's scheduled payment, the debt balance will be just over $10,800. I've paid over $10,000 in debt in two years, most of which was on my credit cards. That's some progress.

In other, less stellar news, I heard today that my company is doing some "belt tightening." To that end, raises for this quarter have been suspended. My raise usually falls in this quarter, so, um, yeah. I had expected as much, so I'm not surprised. Considering the way things are, I'm just thankful to still have a job. When raises are able to be budgeted again -- whether it's next quarter or next year or the year after -- I hope to be rewarded for my work. But for now? My paycheck is reward enough.

In the meantime, I'm just gonna keep chugging along, working on my savings and getting that debt balance down. It will be done.

No comments: