Monday, April 13, 2009

Countdown to the Cape: Part I

I bought my plane and ferry tickets today. The total cost: $320. Not bad for a four-day trip. I was a bit hesitant when my friend asked me to come along; I was so focused on the financial aspects of it all -- how it would affect the savings picture. But you know what? Sometimes I've gotta be more concerned about my mental and emotional picture. I'm excited!

I'm going to work hard not to spend a lot after I get up there, but I will allow myself some room to indulge if I find something I love. Vacations are about having fun, and after the year I've had -- what with all the health drama -- I owe it to myself.

2 comments:

Maria said...

You deserve it! It's not always about the money, but the memories that you're making.

:)

Anonymous said...

just go and have a good time!

BB