Wednesday, November 19, 2008

From the Obsessive-Compulsive Debt Payer

Yep, I was right. I couldn't rest until I got my debt balance on track for the schedule. So I scheduled an extra payment. A small one, but a payment nonetheless.

If I stay on schedule and am able to kick in a little extra, it is entirely possible I will be below the $13K mark by the end of December. Can you imagine! And to think I owed more than $19,000 last January.

Oh, and I should mention that my so-called friend who owed me money has since moved and changed his cellphone number. Yep. Just before he changed his phone number, he called and said he was on his way to the bank and asked me to send him my address again. An elaborate lie. And he had the audacity to end the call with "love you!"

It's a wonder lightning doesn't strike him when he's in church singing songs of praise and serving as a deacon. What a joke. So much for trying to help a friend, huh? Lesson learned. Now I just have to find a way through the anger and disappointment -- in him and in myself.

Mostly in myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic about your debt paydown progress. You've made alot of sacrifices but there does appear to be a light at the end of the tunnel.
As for your friend, I would ignore his phone calls. He sounds like he's calling to rub it in that he's shafted you. :(

veronica said...

Thanks, Maria! Yeah, slowly but surely I can see the glimmer of light at the end. I'll get there.

And I'm not having to ignore my ex-friend's phone calls. When he called me a couple weeks ago, it was the first time in a long time that he'd called, and he was only returning a phone call. I think he knew then that he was planning to change his phone number. Meanwhile, I was sitting there like a fool believing he was actually trying to make good on his promise. Little did I know ...