Monday, November 3, 2008

Car Repair Update

As I mentioned in the previous post, I had a very unexpected and expensive car repair. The gas station that I'd taken it to for the state inspection quoted $917 for the repair and the alignment that would be needed as a result of that repair. When I told my dad, he suggested that I take it to Honda dealership instead. Though he doesn't usually advocate taking cars to the dealer (he's old-school; in a perfect world, we'd all fix our own cars), he felt that if I at least went there, they'd back up their work.

So I got up at the crack of dawn this morning to get to the dealership before 7. I've taken my car there before, for random maintenance items, and as usual, they were great. The quote was almost a hundred dollars cheaper -- and they did more stuff. And at least it's all done, and my car has its lovely inspection sticker. And it feels much better when I drive. A good thing.

I've already transferred money from my savings so that I can pay off the credit card for the repair, so at least the debt situation will stay on schedule. The savings? Well ... that's what it's there for, yes?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely, savings is always handy when it comes to things like this. :)

Bouncing Back said...

I paid $441 for some work done to my car last week. I do have the money in my emergency account, but yeah, unexpected car repairs tend to drain the savings. You do need a working, safe vehicle and now you have it. The Ford dealership ended up being about $50 more expensive than my regular mechanic, but they were able to fix the car much faster.