Sunday, November 9, 2008

And a Decadent Reward to Boot!

I know the cliché is that women love to shop. And years ago, that was somewhat true for me. But that's not the case now. Far from it. My problem is the spending, not the shopping. I know they're not mutually exclusive, but that's how it's worked out. I hate shopping. I get easily overwhelmed and frustrated. I know what I want but hate having to hunt for it. It is because of this that I usually stick to smaller stores. Department stores require much too much hunting.

But there I was at Nordstrom Rack this afternoon determined to find some tops, and to do that, I had to hunt. And it paid off. I don't know if there was some kind of special planetary alignment or what, but the things I really needed, I found. And I even found something I didn't need but that I treated myself to just the same: cashmere and silk PJ bottoms. Despite my sensitivity to wool, these are fabulously soft thanks to the silk. And the best part? They were marked down to the point that I would've been a fool to leave them: Originally $165, marked down to $45, and then 50 percent off. You read that right. I paid 22 bucks and some change for decadent cashmere and silk lounge pants. The checkout clerk did a double take when she rang them up.

I also hit the Banana Republic outlet (cords for 50 percent off) and TJ Maxx (a white button-down shirt for $17).

And yes, I stayed pretty much on budget. The allowance thing worked out really well.

There are some other things I'd like to have, but today's fashion finds will get me over the hump.

No comments: