Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Yoga Love

Since I've been so good this year, I think I'm finally at the place where I can start enjoying a few things. One thing I love is yoga. My mind, body, and soul all respond to it. I started taking classes about five years ago. And then I added pottery to the mix. After a while, though, the cost of the classes was adding to the debt, so I put myself on an adult version of restriction.

That's right: I cut myself off cold turkey. I missed the pottery (even though I'm far from accomplished in it), but I especially missed yoga. Granted, I have a mat and could do things on my own, but it's just not the same as being in a structured class and having a teacher push you further.

A few months ago, a friend invited me to join him at his gym for a yoga session. As a guest, I could take the class for free. As my body stretched and moved, it ... sang. For 90 minutes, my body was singing praises to the universe. I'd forgotten how much my body missed it -- how much I missed it. I hadn't paid off the Little Beast yet, so I refused to sign up for any classes. But now? Now I can get back into doing something I love.

So I registered for a class. It starts in September, and I'm really looking forward to it. It's at my old yoga studio, so it's familiar. It'll be a new teacher, though (and a man!) but I think I'll be OK. It's good to get different perspectives. Mostly, I'm thankful to be able to do something for me.

No comments: