Friday, August 1, 2008

August 2008 Update

As I mentioned in the last post, July was a roller coaster month financially speaking. Balances went up and down, and up and down. And when you see the difference in balances, you'll see what I mean:

The Debt:
Big Beast: $15,431.88

The Savings:
Total Savings Balances: $6,571.99

Notice anything up there under the debt? No? Well, let me point it out to you: The Little Beast isn't up there! Yeah, that's right: It's paid off, baby. A month early, no less. In all, from last month until today, I've paid off $960.11 in total debt!

Also, I don't usually post the savings balance in the monthly update post. I usually just post it over there on the side. But the change in amount was significant enough, I think, that it warranted pointing out. From last month until today, the balance has increased $603.50. Mind you, that's due in no small part to the "extra" check in July.

But I can't get a big head about any of this. I'll get my personal property tax bill in a couple months, and then holiday season will be here. And Daisy's surgery still hasn't happened; my part for that will be a couple hundred bucks, at least.

But the difference between me now and about five years ago is that I'm more prepared. It feels good to have some money in the bank for these things.

Also, I've revised the deadline over there. It was originally December 10, 2010, but I've changed it to October 10. I figured that since the goal is to have $10,000 in savings, why not carry over the theme of 10's? So $10K on 10/10/10 it is.

No comments: