Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Cure for the Common I-Wants

So, I mentioned in my last post that I had a serious case of the I-Wants. I discussed wanting a new TV, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. Also on the list are a new iPod, some black riding boots, some new fall clothes ... I could go on.

Well, I've been cured, at least temporarily. I received my personal property tax bill today. It's not due until October. I knew it was coming, and I've even planned for it. The money is in savings. Still, I hate seeing my savings account balance change in that direction -- I only want to see it go up. So I'll wait a bit longer for the TV.

I still want one, and I'll get one. But I'm not in that big a hurry anymore. I can put it off another month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're amazing! I would have gone out and bought a new TV and not looked back. You're very wise.

P.S. I still have my blog but I've closed it to the outside because I'm trying to avoid a certain blogger that irritates me.

E-mail me lndsymaria@gmail.com and perhaps I can figure out how to give you access if you want. :)