Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Budget, Baby

As I mentioned, I got a small raise recently. It's rare that I have a straight 80-hour pay period -- I usually get at least an hour of overtime -- but I'd like to budget from the base amount. So I've e-mailed our HR person to find out the amount.

My goal is to pay all bills and other expenses from the base amount and sock away the rest in my savings account. Alternatively, I'd like to put some extra money toward the debt.

I realized yesterday that the Little Beast will be paid off in just a few short months. It's due to be paid off in August. That's not very far away. And the Big Beast will finally be under (or close to being under) $16K by the end of this month.

So progress is being made. My perseverance is paying off (no pun intended).

No comments: