Monday, August 2, 2010

Debt-Freedom Eve

The money from savings was transferred to checking today, and the payment -- the full payment -- for my debt is scheduled to be paid tomorrow. Yeah, yeah, I know that it usually takes a day or two for the amount to get credited, but just knowing that the payment is scheduled for tomorrow gives me such joy I can barely contain myself.

Only one person knows, and he knows only because I sought his advice last week about what to do. And, obviously, anyone reading this knows. As much as I'd like to shout it from the rooftops, I know that sometimes, despite the best intentions, people have a hard time feeling happy for others in these situations. On the contrary, sometimes they feel envy and spite. I don't want anyone to feel bad. I've been there -- heck, envy is something I still struggle to overcome. It sucks to feel that way. And so I'll keep my secret.

The money that I had been dedicating to my credit card has been scheduled to automatically go into my savings starting in September. I'd still like to have $10K in savings, and the only way to do that is to save. So that's what I'll do. As I've learned with the debt, every payment counts. It might take some time, but I'll get there.

And with that, I'm heading to bed. I'll check in with the official zero announcement later this week. See ya then!

No comments: