Sunday, August 1, 2010

August 2010 Update

How crazy is it that it's already August! Is it me or has this year just flown by? And my, oh, my, what a year it's been. Just a year ago I never would have imagined that I'd be thisclose to paying off my debt and living in my own home. Wow...

Anyway, let's get this monthly update off the ground:

The Debt: $1,622.74
The Savings: $5,947.26

The spike in the savings amount is because of money that I'd had parked in checking for a while but finally moved over to savings. I hadn't been counting it as savings since it technically wasn't in a savings account.

You might be asking yourself, "With her savings, why doesn't she just go ahead and pay off her debt?" That's a very good question. In fact, about three days ago, I asked myself the same thing. You know what? I didn't have a good answer. And so I'm paying it off next week. It's scheduled for next week.

And that brings me to this: What should I do with this blog after that? Certainly I'll keep it up. It is my hope that others will stumble upon this blog and realize that if I could do it, they certainly can. Do I post about my savings? I did name it "Saving Veronica," after all. It'll just be a tweak of the meaning from verb to adjective. We'll see.

For now, though, time for bed. I'll check in again soon. :-)

No comments: