Sunday, February 21, 2010

Full Steam Ahead!

I met with the real estate agent today. I had butterflies before going, but as soon as I went in and started talking to her, I felt better. It's going to be very different from the last time I tried to buy. Then, she had only about three things to show me, and one was worse than the other. Now? There were enough that we could make three stacks: places I may love, places I may like, and places that aren't for me. Given the timing of my lease, however, she thinks it's a little too soon to be checking out any places, but she did suggest I go to some open houses, maybe check some neighborhoods to get a feel for things.

In the end, she said, "I'm not worried -- and I'm a worrier. So if I can say that, we're in good shape."

That went a long way to soothing my anxiety.

This will also give me some extra time to save a little more money. And who knows -- I could get some kind of windfall between now and then! (I'm open to miracles.) I'll continue with the debt payment schedule. By the end of the year -- really, by the end of October -- the only debt I want to worry about is a mortgage payment.

Anyway, that's where we are. I'll check in with you next Sunday with the March monthly update. Stay tuned.

No comments: