Thursday, November 19, 2009

324 Days to Go

This week was the week our human resources department sent out information regarding next year's benefits options. This year, I'm adding vision insurance and I'm also increasing my flexible spending allowance by a few bucks. (Considering how many doctors appointments I had last year, I feel the need to prepare for 2010 just in case.) But before I finalized my selections, I checked with our payroll person to get an estimate of my paycheck with my choices. Within five minutes, she'd given me a figure. I had no idea that she would be able to do it, much less so quickly!

Remember that credit that was enacted as part of the stimulus package earlier this year? The one that increased our pay either $400 or $800 depending on our filing status? Well, it expires at the end of this year, which means our pay will feel like it's decreasing starting in 2010.

Things are going to be supertight. For example, I'd planned to pay an extra $45 toward the debt. I might not be able to do that; I'll have to see how that goes. I've also set up my electricity bill so that it's on the "budget bill" system. I'll be paying an amount that's the average of the last 12 months. While this will suck come May, June, and July (since I'll be paying roughly $35 more than I would normally pay during those months), it will be very helpful this winter, when I'd normally pay about $35 more than the budget bill amount. Finally, I think I am also going to revise my W-4 exemptions amount so that I'll get more back in my paycheck.

It's the last year. I've gotta do what I can to wipe out this debt. But right now, I've gotta get some sleep. ;-)

1 comment:

Snake said...

One, you'll be just fine without the micro, and two, WOW! You're getting close to the goal, and will soon be debt free!!

Congrats V, you've proven it CAN be done . . .