Wednesday, September 30, 2009

October 2009 Update

Away we go:

The Savings: $3,972.49
The Debt: $8,387.82

When the year first started, I had a goal of having $7,500 in savings by December 31. That just isn't going to happen. But at least the debt is steadily going down.

Speaking of the debt, don't be too impressed by the change since September. The amount posted for September wasn't entirely correct -- $400 hadn't yet been credited. But as I have done since I started the monthly updates, I used the number that was posted at the time of the update.

Sadly, the nearly $375 decrease in the savings is correct. In addition to taking out money for my staycation week with my mom, I also used my savings as a supplement to my paycheck when things got tight. While I am grateful to have savings so that I can do that when necessary, I don't want it to become a habit, and that's what has been happening lately. That must stop.

October is officially a no-spend challenge month. No clothes, books, or music. Any money spent will be on bills, gas, groceries, and rent. I've gotta let the dust settle. The only way to do it will be to take it one day at a time. I may post more this month to vent, but that's what this is all about -- posting during the good and bad times.

1 comment:

Maria said...

And sometimes we have to step back and appreciate what we already have. It's about de-compressing!