Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July 2009 Update

This has been a better month. Here we go:

The Debt: $9,923
The Savings: $5,385

The debt has gone down nearly $550, and the savings finally swung in the right direction -- by over 700 bucks. I've still got a lot to consider, though. For one, my rent is about to go up. In the past, I've been able to offset my rent increase with my annual salary increase, but this year there are no salary increases, so ... Yeah. This may affect my savings rate, as I may have to scale back what I've been depositing. This means I may have to reconsider my $10K goal for next October. I'm not happy about that, but one thing is for certain:

I will not be scaling back my debt payments. I will be debt free come October 2010. Period.

So that's where we are for July 2009. Have a good month!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Good for you! Keeping up the good work!