Monday, June 1, 2009

June 2009 Monthly Update

Let's get straight to it, shall we:

Big Beast: $10,405.24
Little Beast: $68.00
Total Debt: $10,473.24

Total Savings: $4,682.82

Yes, I know. The Little Beast is back. But there's a reason: I bought a shirt. I'm going to do what I do when I use the Big Beast card: Pay it off immediately. I get the rewards from using the card (in this case, a rebate) without carrying a balance. I had been using the Big Beast for such things but then the bank changed my interest rate for no reason, so I'm not using it ever again.

The savings isn't as terrible as I'd feared, but it's not pretty. I will be making up for it this week, so next month's update should be much improved. (In fact, I'd almost considered not updating this month on the 1st and instead waiting until those savings deposits went through, but I decided to stick with the original plan. The first of the month is the first of the month.)

So ... that's it. Here's hoping June finds me regaining my footing.

2 comments:

Maria said...

So the majority of your debt is on one card?

veronica said...

Yep. Really, all of my debt is. But it's almost 50 percent of the maximum limit, thankfully.