Thursday, May 14, 2009

On to the Cape

I leave for my weekend on the Cape tomorrow. I'm so glad to be going away for a few days. It's been over a year since I've gone somewhere -- well, other than to my parents', and that's hardly a vacation. (If anything, that feels more like a job, and one I don't get paid for.)

I am a little nervous about the shopping, though. I'm not taking a credit card, so at least I won't be digging myself further into a hole. But I also don't want to be chipping away at my savings, either. So I'm going to have to find that balance between having a good time while purchasing responsibly and losin' my freakin' mind when I go to one of the very cool shops around there. The last time I went up there, I spent over a 100 bucks on a pair of shoes that hurt even before I left the store and another 100+ on a pair of jeans that I ended up having to get altered for another $30. And don't get me started on the food...

So this time my goal is to really think about each purchase. And then think about it again before I get to the register. It's not like I can change my mind later and take anything back for a refund.

I'll check in next week and let you know how I did. Stay tuned.

No comments: