Sunday, January 18, 2009

Motivation

This time last year I was very frustrated. It seemed every credit card payment was a mere drop in the bucket, that I would never see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Well, I see the light. It's faint -- the merest glimmer -- but it's there. By golly it is there! I just paid this month's payment on The Beast, and I'm ahead of the curve right now. I may make it below $10K sooner than scheduled.

The excellent thing is that the more that gets paid, the less finance charges get applied, so my payments go farther toward the balance. I'm seeing greater results more quickly. And this is going a long way toward my motivation.

In fact, I'm so motivated that the TV purchase I was planning for next month will likely get postponed. My parents had offered to give me money toward the TV for my birthday, but I don't expect much from them, despite their intentions. So I'll just wait until I have the resources and then go from there.

But for now? The important thing is to keep on keepin' on as far as the debt is concerned. And that's just what I intend to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's great. Congratulations!