Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I Have Great Friends

This afternoon I vented to a friend that the savings goal I had for myself this month isn't going to be met. I'd gone so far as to figure just how much needed to come from each of this month's three checks.

Not happening.

Anyway, she and I had an e-mail exchange about it, and she reminded me that at least the card balance is going down while the savings amount is going up. As she said, for most people, it's the opposite. It was a welcome reminder. Nothing like a little perspective.

Still, I've been trying to figure out all evening what happened with my plan. But then out of the blue, she sent this:

Try not to worry about the money. I know it is difficult, but you are making progress, and that is the important thing.


Not sure what compelled her to send that tonight, but it was right on time, and I'm grateful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So very true. You ARE making alot of progress, just not as much as you would like but remember- you didnt build up the debt overnight and it wont go away overnight either.
:)