Thursday, December 4, 2008

December 2008 Update

I think things are settled enough that I can update tonight, so here goes:

The Debt: $13,605.56
The Savings: $4,997.28

The change in debt is a respectable $521.88. The savings is a different story, though. It's a big change in the wrong direction, thanks to the car repair last month: $1,141.

Ouch!

Still, at least I have savings, even after that withdrawal. There was a time that I couldn't say that.

It's been 12 months since I started this plan in earnest. It's been a big year. When I started in January, the debt was $19,022.84. I've knocked off $5,417.28! The savings change isn't that impressive, what with the car repair. Still, at least it's a more than it was, and by $1,354. Not too shabby.

I'll be kicking in a little extra toward the debt this month, and there should be an extra savings deposit as well. And next month, I'll be submitting an invoice for my freelance work; the goal is to put at least 75 percent of that in savings. I'm looking to start 2009 in a good position.

No comments: