Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Shopping Bulimia Strikes Again

A couple posts ago, I detailed the slippery slope I'd started sliding down. One of the items I bought was a little cotton knit dress. It was the color that got me -- this beautiful, rich fuchsia. The color of raspberry sorbet. I could see myself in it, and in my vision, I looked fabulous.

And then it came today. Yeah, not so fabulous. Nope. Not. At. All. It's basically not much more than a long T-shirt, and a flimsy one at that. Any thinner and you'd be able to see through it.

I spent 70 bucks on it, too. That's the worst part of the whole thing.

So tomorrow I have to start the process of doing all the crap one has to go through to send back a package.

When will I learn? Why can't I stop? And what makes me think that these things I order are going to transform me (and thus my life) into whatever it is I think I should be? OK, OK ... that's beyond the scope of a debt blog, but you get my point.

Anyway, the dress is going back.

No comments: