Wednesday, June 18, 2008

On the Verge of Vacation

Well, tomorrow I leave for vacation. To be honest, I can't remember the last time I had a real vacation outside the occasional two or three days here or there. I haven't had a week off from work in about seven years, and during that week, I moved from one city to another. It was far from fun or relaxing. Other than that, I think it's been about nine years since I've had a weeklong vacation.

I'm anxious about the money situation. We're going on a cruise, and I'm guessing things on the ship are going to be expensive. I'm afraid I'll go overboard (pardon the pun) while caught up in the excitement of being away. There's nothing I need, but I'm sure I'll come across things I really want. I'm going to try to be as practical as I can without killing my fun.

By the time I get back, it'll nearly be time for July's monthly update. I dread it somewhat because I know that the savings amount has gone down quite a bit. And it may not be over yet. But maybe knowing I have to update here will keep me mindful of my spending over the next 10 days.

So until then, happy budgeting!

No comments: