Friday, October 12, 2007

Shopping Bulimia

So ... remember that black cashmere cardigan purchase that I justified? Well, I'm sending it back. Tomorrow. I have only to swing it by the FedEx Kinko's to drop it off.

Why am I sending it back, you ask? Well, I realized this morning that my inability to face my purchase -- I had been hiding the box in a separate closet -- was probably a sign that I shouldn't have bought it in the first place. Oh -- the tummy ache I got when I saw the box this morning was another pretty strong indication.

So, I'm sending it back. And while I won't get the full amount back (shipping is nonrefundable), at least $110 will get credited back on my credit card. This is a good thing.

The fact of the matter is that I never should've ordered the damn thing in the first place. But I can't stop trying to fill this void I have in myself. I don't know what makes me think that buying various items is the cure. It's not.

It's so not.

Anyway, I have to be better about recognizing this behavior and keeping it in check before I spend the money.

Good night.

No comments: