Friday, October 5, 2007

At Least the Savings Are Going Up

I figured I'd check in, update the balances. I did the savings and it's just over four grand. It should be up to five by the end of the year. Unless, of course, I go to Vegas with friends and need to take money out for airfare and the hotel. But since I haven't heard any mention of the Vegas trip, I'm assuming that isn't going to happen. At any rate, if it does happen, I'll use my savings, not my credit card.

Speaking of charging ... the balance is only slightly lower than it was the last time I checked in. It's officially $19,774.47. F*ck! I keep thinking I'm making a dent, but then when I do the math, no dent. Barely even a scratch.

The good news is that starting this month, it should start decreasing more rapidly. I'm going to start putting the chunk that used to go toward the car payment on the Little Beast. I want that one balance paid off by June. I really want it paid off. By June 1. No excuses.

Are my mattresses that bad? No, not really. They're bad but not so bad that I can't sleep on them. The springs aren't stabbing me (yet) so that means they're OK. I really don't need to spend $1,000 on new bedding (and I'm including sheets, mattress pad, and the lot). I didn't freeze to death last winter so I can obviously get through another winter without a bed warmer. It won't be comfortable, no, but I won't die, either.

OK, I'm rambling. Babbling about the same stuff, so I'll close. Ciao.

No comments: