Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fool's Day?

Holy crap, it's already April! Where did the time go?

I've made my travel arrangements for Paris to the tune of $2,000. I'd originally hoped to stay between $1,500 and $1,800, but when I started pricing the trip and deciding where I wanted to stay, I figured it was worth the extra money to be where I wanted to be. I wanted to be in St. Germain, and as luck would have it, I found a charming hotel in the heart of that arrondissement. It's not far from the Seine, so I'll be able to walk to Notre Dame and to the Louvre. I go in September.

In other news, I've upgraded my cellphone ... finally. I went with a smartphone (no surprise there), and I haven't looked back. I love it.

I've bought clothes and knickknacks. I've eaten out more than usual. I've spent on random things, big and small. There was the deductible for my accident back in February, as well as the cost of the rental car. There was my trip to Richmond for an art workshop, and then down to Virginia Beach to visit my parents, where I also spent on random things.

All that to say this: I've been spendy. I don't like it when I'm spendy. I have to do better.

I'm still saving the same amount. However, because I've been spendy, I've been taking savings out to cover it. Sigh.

Old habits die hard.

There is another possible financial thing, but it's too early to mention right now. It can be a good thing. Stay tuned.

No comments: