Saturday, February 5, 2011

Bring on the Greens!

I had to go to Costco today to get a new membership card. It's a bit of a pain to find parking at the shopping center where my Costco is located, so I figured I'd browse for a bit before heading out. And I'm glad I did. There was a deal on VitaMix blenders this weekend. I've wanted one for a long, long time. I've stalked them online for years. A year ago, I would've been forced to forgo the opportunity -- after all, even on sale, these blenders are still quite pricey. But this is one of those times that all those years of hard work were worth it.

So I splurged. I'm debating on whether I'll still take the overnight trip to Richmond in April or scale it back to just a day trip. While I can afford to do both, I'm also seeking balance. So we'll see.

The great thing about the blender is that I'll be able to make more smoothies, and in greater quantities. I have an immersion blender, but after nine years of regular use -- it's not unusual for me to use it five out of seven days -- it's showing its age. Also, I've wanted to start doing green smoothies, and my current cheap-o blender just doesn't cut it (pardon the pun). I am glad to be able to get out of my smoothie rut of mixed berries, OJ, AJ, and honey. The VitaMix will replace both appliances. Bring on the greens!

No comments: