Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December 2010 Progress Report

I seem to have picked up one or two new followers. Hello! And thanks for following my humble blog.

On to the progress report: All is well, I'm happy to say. I had allowed a small balance to carry over to December -- just to have a little activity on the card -- but I paid that off today.

2011 will be the first year in 20 years (or more) that I've started the year off without credit card debt. Allow me to reflect on that for a moment.

* * * * *

OK, I'm back. Anyway, I've been able to maintain debt freedom for four months. I have, unfortunately, been spending quite a bit, and that needs to stop come January. For one thing, I had several physical therapy appointments to help me recover from a neck injury. And in addition to a few purchases -- including my dream Christmas tree -- I'm about to shop for a holiday party I'm hosting later this month. It will be the first party I've thrown on my own, and I want things to be as close to perfect as I can make them. I've got a lot of stuff to get from the grocery store. And I'm serving glogg, so I've got some booze to buy. Thankfully I have only one "real" gift to get my mom, and a small item for my dad (he received his Christmas present back in July). Still, it will be a tight December. Ho, ho, ho.

But in that "tightness" I'm maintaining my savings. In fact, I recently upped my 401(k) contribution at the recommendation of my financial planner. I'm maintaining my monthly deposit to my savings, and in fact will be increasing that as well, at least temporarily. So things are going well.

I also completed another freelance job this week and will be submitting that invoice once I know for sure they're not sending me anything else this year. That's a nice way to end the year.

Have I mentioned lately how grateful I am? 'Cause I am. So very.

1 comment:

Snake said...

Sounds like V is continuing to make great progress!!

No doubt your party will be a huge success, and they'll be talking about it well into 2011 . . .

Really like the money box idea! Some of the best ideas are so simple . . .

Well, of course the Universe is speaking to you . . . You're a FISH, and we're special! lol Never doubt it . . . And continue to listen!

P and L . . .

Snake