Wednesday, March 31, 2010

April 2010 Update

Anyone who also reads veronica's day in the life knows that I'm trying to buy a condo. Well, that's not entirely correct: I have put in an offer on a condo and it was accepted. But I still have to go through the appraisal process (which is making me anxious) and then go to closing. I mention this because my savings is totally up in the air these days. So I'm not updating those numbers. I am, however, updating the debt:

The Debt: $4,095.56

Yeah, yeah ... I know that I had proclaimed that my debt was officially under $4,000. It was. But since then, I have donated some money to a worthy charity. To get the rewards, I used the credit card but haven't paid it off yet. But I will, and soon.

The savings picture will be undergoing changes over the next couple months while I go through this home buying process, so I doubt I update the balances for that anytime soon. Once things stabilize, I'll be back on track.

Also, with the mortgage and condo fee, I'm going to be paying more for living expenses sooner than October 2010, the deadline I'd given myself to pay off the debt. While it will take a bit longer, it will get paid off. Not only will the mortgage and condo fee affect the incoming cash flow, but so will the loan repayment to my 401(k), which will decrease my paycheck. The good thing about borrowing from my retirement is that when I pay it back, I'm actually paying myself back. If necessary -- and if I have enough money leftover -- I may use that to pay off the debt. The interest rate is better and I'm paying myself, not the bank.

By the way, I know I'm a day early with the update, but it's 11:28 p.m. and that balance isn't going to change in the next 32 minutes. ;-)

So ... that's that. Stay tuned. And wish me luck on the appraisal!

No comments: