Sunday, February 28, 2010

March 2010 Update

Let's get this party started:

The Debt: $4,566.35
The Savings: $4,737.14

Notice anything about those numbers up there? You got it: I finally have more in savings than I owe on debt.

How freakin' sweet is that? I am so proud of myself! I thought I'd never see the day. But it hasn't been easy. In fact, when I started -- staring down $20K in debt and scant savings -- it was damn hard. But it's gotten easier: The more I've paid off, the less interest I've had to pay and the quicker I see results. So If you're still struggling with the enormity of your debt balance, hang in there. Stick with the plan and you will see results. It may take some time, but you will get there.

I also received money from my parents for my birthday. I don't want to add that amount to the balance up there because it's to help me with any fees related to the condo purchase. But what they gave me will allow me to continue my debt payment plan without deviation. I'd been thinking about scaling back the payment amount in order to build some extra savings. But now I don't have to do that.

I am grateful.

No comments: